Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Yogi Bear - 5 stars out of 10

Yogi Bear - 5 stars out of 10

I am not going to pretend that "Yogi Bear" is an adult movie because it definitely is made for children; however, that does not mean that an adult cannot be entertained by all of the crazy antics of this smarter-than-the-av-er-age-bear."  Watching the film in 2D, I could tell that the 3D was very gimmicky but it still makes a great 2D family film.  Dan Akroyd's portrayal of Yogi definitely reminded me of Rodney Dangerfield,  but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing.  More than anything, Boo Boo is so cute, I think that everybody just wanted to cuddle him for the entire duration of the film.  Tom Cavanagh's acting is pretty bad but it actually plays fairly well against the computer animated bears.  He's endearingly geeky in a young Don Knotts sort of way but I probably wouldn't make a point to see any of his other movies.  Although I wouldn't nominate this film for an Oscar, it's a great family film that is kid-appropriate but has enough visual gags to hold an adult's interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment