Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Hurricane - 2 stars out of 10

The Hurricane - 2 stars out of 10

I was expecting an epic against-the-odds evidence-gathering courtroom drama, but instead I found a "Shawshank Redemption" wannabe, depicting an innocent man's life in prison.  Denzel Washington is wonderful, as always, and I can appreciate that "The Hurricane" is a true story, but it just dragged on and only spent 10 minutes in the courtroom.  I would've been more forgiving if the movie quickly told an inspirational story in 90 minutes or used it's 150 minute runtime to develop the effects on his family or something else interesting, but it just dragged on and lost me several times along the way.  If you want a boxing movie, watch "Rocky" or "Raging Bull."  If you want a great courtroom/evidence-gathering drama, watch "A Few Good Men" or "The Lincoln Lawyer."  In either case, you should not watch this pitiful attempt at cinema.

No comments:

Post a Comment