Sunday, March 25, 2012

(500) Days of Summer - 10 stars out of 10

(500) Days of Summer - 10 stars out of 10

"(500) Days of Summer" is a beautifully crafted masterpiece about life, love, and hope.  I absolutely fell in love with the artistry of this film.  The way that it skipped back and forth through time was incredible.  I loved the "artistic French film" scenes and especially the "morning after in-love sequence" - if you have ever felt that way after a first date, this portrayal will perfectly capture that feeling.  Finally, the split screen between expectation and reality is simply one of the greatest movie moments I've ever experienced.  It nears visual perfection.  I wanted to know so badly how this movie would end... but am so glad that I was surprised.  (500) Days does a wonderful job of telling a love story in an artistic way but without turning it into a chick flick.

No comments:

Post a Comment