Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Camelot (1967) - 4 stars out of 10

Camelot (1967) - 4 stars out of 10

"Camelot"... is not my favorite musical.  Lacking memorable music and enjoyable characters, all that this film can really offer are some impressive visuals.  I liked Richard Harris as King Arthur and Vanessa Redgrave was lovely as Guenevere, but the rest was forgettable.  I know that the film is old but everything seemed like it would have been outdated at the film's preview.  The jousting sequence was awesome and there was nice chemistry between the leads, but I was left thinking that I have little desire to ever see this on stage (or on the screen again).  Merlin was particularly underused and unimpressive.  Perhaps the most amazing thing about the film is how little I have to say about a movie whose 3-hour runtime dreadfully felt like 3 hours.  "Camelot" is an interesting story but its portrayal is anything but interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment