Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Invisible Woman (2013) - 1 star out of 10

The Invisible Woman (2013) - 1 star out of 10

“The Invisible Woman” is so painfully slow that it is difficult to even follow the story.  With Ralph Fiennes and Kristen Scott Thomas, I expected a lot more.  It was a nice performance for Felicity Jones but that is overshadowed by the dullness of this plot.  I agree with the Oscar nomination for Best Costumes, but a part of me wishes that it hadn’t been nominated so that I would not have heard of it and spent two hours enduring it.  It has been a long time since I cared less about a movie.  After about 15 minutes, I could feel my eyes glaze over and my body lay comatose as my mind thought about anything but the film.  The synopsis makes the story seem so interesting but even Dickens could not have made it successful.  The only thing that film is good for is a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment