Monday, December 29, 2014

Good Burger - 2 stars out of 10

Good Burger - 2 stars out of 10
1150th review

Oh. My. Gosh.  This movie is terrible.  Is this what children's entertainment is actually like?  I now understand why my mom wouldn’t take me to see “Good Burger” in theaters.  Or rent it for us.  Or let us watch it on tv.  It is painful to accept that this used to be hilarious.  Some of the dialogue has a good Abbot and Costello feel, but most of it is just annoying.  The "I'm a dude" song will forever haunt my dreams and I imagine that Kel's voice is still raspy from speaking in that way for an entire movie.  I feel like the writers tried to make it funny with cameos, physical comedy, dressing in drag (actually one of the funniest moments of the film), and even an insane asylum dance sequence, but the entire thing is an eye roller.  Kenan and Kel were my favorite characters on “All That,” but now I’m scared to go back and see what it was really like.  I know that I shouldn’t expect much from a kid’s movie, but I can’t understand why they didn’t consider the adults that would have to watch this with their children.  Maybe my disappointment is a result of the expectation that I developed at age 12, but I feel like I’m not the only one who walked away from this yelling a big Kenan “Whyyyyyyy!?!?!?!?”


[Pictured: The movie is just as perplexing as this screenshot]

No comments:

Post a Comment