Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Kids Are All Right - 1 star out of 10

The Kids Are All Right - 1 star out of 10

When "The Kids Are All Right" came through Netflix, I had hoped for something other than Brokeback Mountain with old women and no horses.  I was not so lucky.  I cannot understand the Oscar nominations.  The acting was not spectacular (certainly nothing that I would expect to receive a nomination for best actor or actress), and the story was just average.  I suppose that the liberal content is the reason for its praise.  Ruffalo and Benning's characters were extremely static.  In fact, the only character that truly offered depth in the film was Julianne Moore.  This story of a convoluted and awkward love triangle is enhanced by the occasional misplaced gay joke makes things even stranger.  As everything falls apart in the characters' lives, this film's unsatisfying ending tops it all off.  If this garbage had won any Academy Awards, I would have given up on the Academy.

No comments:

Post a Comment