Monday, April 25, 2011

Monster House - 2 stars out of 10

Monster House - 2 stars out of 10

You can tell that a movie wasn't very memorable when you can't stop thinking "This seems familiar and I'm pretty sure that I've seen it before, but I barely remember anything." In the end I realized that I had seen this before and apparently tried to erase it from my memory. Visually, the house is pretty creative, treating it as an ...actual working body; unfortunately, the plot and dialogue aren't very good and I didn't care for the look of the main boys. The performance capture technique was much less effective than in The Polar Express and I'm still trying to figure out what Zemeckis and Spielberg were thinking when they made this film. I wouldn't recommend it - the parts that are supposed to be funny are just annoying and the entire thing is ridiculous (considering that this film is way too juvenile for an adult but some sequences are not appropriate for young chidren).

No comments:

Post a Comment