Friday, May 20, 2011

Problem Child - 2 stars out of 10

Problem Child - 2 stars out of 10

"Problem Child" is a pretty typical cheesy children's comedy from the 90's, with just enough dirt in it to give it edge. On a scale of 1 to Home Alone in this genre, Problem Child only manages a 2. Michael Oliver's voice is SO ANNOYING. I know that the kid is supposed to be like Dennis the Menace but this kid was just way too anno...ying. The film has its moments, like the party scene where Leslie Gore's "It's My Party" is a perfect fit. Also, Michael Richards makes a good comical villain. "Look, a giraffe!" "Look, a fist!" [punch] - I remember rewinding that over and over again as a kid. But the cheesiness of the ending is vomit-worthy and John Ritter's acting just did not do it for me. The movie was amusing as a kid but as my movie pallet has matured, I have left the below-average children's comedies behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment