Friday, July 22, 2011

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (5) - 8 stars out of 10

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (5) - 8 stars out of 10

Again, amazing special effects and great acting by all. I was pleased that there was more of Hermione and Ron in this one! Aside from the typical compliments to the leads, I must say that I was delighted by Imelda Staunton as the wicked professor, Dolores Umbridge. The first time that I saw this film, she made me so angry with all of her small mannerisms but the second time, I realized that it is because she portrayed the part to perfection.  I'd venture to say that she is my second favorite character of the series (after Hermione, of course!) My only complaint about the film is that it wasn't believable that an entire school year passed by in the span of this movie. When Dumbledor explains to harry that he was distancing himself from him, my only thought was "Really? I hadn't noticed." Not enough different things happened to show the passing of an entire school year, but then again this was the shortest of the 7 installments and probably suffered from overediting. The final 20 minutes of action and unexpected events are amazing and make this film worth a second, third, and fourth viewing. I'd definitely watch it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment