Thursday, July 7, 2011

Just Go With It - 9 stars out of 10

Just Go With It - 9 stars out of 10

"Just Go With It" makes up for every average comedy that Adam Sandler has ever made.  Witty, charming, and using potty humor/over-the-top visual gags in moderation, this will quickly become one of the classic chick flicks.  The key to this film is its perfect casting.  Adam Sandler tones his acting down from the Happy Gilmore/Billy Madison days to be taken seriously as a romantic character while still delivering his brand of humor.  jennifer Aniston is stunningly beautiful and portrays her character as someone that we all can relate to, wanting to be with a person whose heart lies elsewhere.  Nick Swardson with that sheep... need I say more?  Brooklyn Decker - a perfect blonde bombshell.  Kevin Nealon - hysterical in his cameo.  I never expected to find Nicole Kidman in this film and she was perfect for this fluffy supporting role (and quite a departure from Rabbit Hole).  And above all, I was thrilled with Bailee Madison's performance.  From her British accent to her fiesty delivery of lines, she had proved herself as an actress to keep your eye on.  Aside from the wonderful performances, the script is gold as it cleverly weaves several sets of lies together that all begin with a little white lie.  Though it doesn't provide much of a "it is bad to lie" moral ending, it sets the characters up for some great "awww!!!" moments and of course, everybody ends up happy!  I had this film on my "Don't see" list for a while but I'm thankful that I changed my mind - this is one of the better romantic comedies that I have seen in the past 10 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment