Monday, September 26, 2011

The Great Outdoors - 1 star out of 10

The Great Outdoors - 1 star out of 10

I was waiting for the humorous antics to begin... I'm still waiting. This movie was just SO DUMB - not entertaining dumb humor, but just a bunch of pointless "why am I watching this" moments. The dialogue is just awful:
"I've never even had a girlfriend. I mean, I've dated girls but yanno, I've never had one that I called my girlfriend." "What would you call me..." "Officially?" [suggestively nods her head] [clears his throat] "Girlfriend?"

The love story is horrifically cheesy. To say that the acting is subpar would be an understatement. This movie is definitely a low for Dan Akroyd. And um... the lightning guy? Could this movie possibly have any more random moments? Why are there 4 scenes of raccoons with subtitled thoughts about eating garbage (and why do they swear so much)? I just don't understand. Throw in a Boy Who Cried Wolf moral and a random dance party during the ending credits and you have... I'm not quite sure what you have, but it earned a 1-star rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment