Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Hunt for Red October - 2 stars out of 10

The Hunt for Red October - 2 stars out of 10

This may be the slowest moving thriller in the history of film.  It literally takes 110 minutes for the action to begin.  I don't blame this story or script, but rather the fact that a bunch of men inside of a submarine moving slowly through the water whose only conflict lies with men on another sub creates a lot of monotony.  My college roommate antagonized me for 7 years about falling asleep during this movie but now I blame the movie and not my tiredness that evening.  With all of these amazing actors, I had high expectations but its snail's pace negates their good performances.  If you are looking for action or intensity, do not choose this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment