Saturday, December 10, 2011

9 - 3 stars out of 10

9 - 3 stars out of 10

Eh... I expected more from this movie.  This movie is a short story that should not have been made into a full-length (well, sort-of) film.  This is obviously an animated film intended for adults (due to the PG-13 rating and deep subject matter) but I just don't believe that there's enough in this hour and 19 minutes to satisfy an adult audience.  I did not feel any attachment to any of the characters and was not really bothered when any of them died.  Not even the fist-full of famous actors (like Chritopher Plummer and John C. Reilly) could help me connect with these characters.  When I don't connect with a movie emotionally, it becomes a wash for me.  The animation was good and the robotic creatures were pretty cool, but overall that was not enough to salvage this plot that never seemed to develop.  I'm just glad that I didn't pay 8 bucks to see this film that never establishes itself beyond "expensive eye candy."

No comments:

Post a Comment