Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Boondock Saints - 4 stars out of 10

The Boondock Saints - 4 stars out of 10

I loved this movie the first time that I saw it.  What was I thinking?  There is so much torture and mutilation that I did not enjoy the majority of the film, not to mention the deluge of f-words.  With the amount of unnecessary language, the only word that crept into my mind was "overacted."  Unlike films like Shawshank that use intense profanity to paint a realistic atmosphere, "The Boondock Saints" tosses the f-word around so much that it eventually becomes comical (in a bad way).  I will admit that I like the style of the film, first showing the damage and then flashing back to the crime.  The coolest is when Willem Dafoe is investigated and explains the crime as the action occurs around him.  The blood is reminiscent of Tarantino, but the script is reminiscent of a large pile of poop.  This film is worth watching if you enjoy cool shoot-out action sequences, but don't get your hopes up about the plot or else you'll find yourself stuck with a ton of foul language and a ton of  murders that do not distinguish themselves from the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment