Monday, March 5, 2012

The Wolfman (2010) - 2 stars out of 10

The Wolfman (2010) - 2 stars out of 10

All that I want to know is how a movie starring Anthony Hopkins and Benecio Del Toro could be so bad.  I'm not sure where to even begin with this mess.  For one thing, the wolf men look more like characters from Planet of the Apes than wolves.  I guess they were trying to make it look like the original wolfman but I'm not crazy about this look.  Next, this movie was more like a slasher movie, only the murderer used claws instead of a knife.  And like a stereotypical bad slasher movie, they forgot to write in a plot.  Unlike a slasher movie, it takes half of the movie to reach the first action sequence instead of strategically placing sequences throughout the movie to hold the audience's attention.  The visual effects were cool but too sparse to make this movie worth watching.  The combination of the constant dark atmosphere, slow movement of the film, and slow soft music put me to sleep.  The icing on the cake was Hugo Weaving using his "Matrix voice" with a British accent.  I would never waste my time on this movie again.  I was warned ahead of time and saw it anyway - PLEASE do not be as foolish as I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment