Thursday, May 10, 2012

Fallen - 5 stars out of 10

Fallen - 5 stars out of 10

"Fallen" provides a few creepy moments but never lives up to its interesting premise or the reputations of its three leads.  While I was skeptical about the idea of a supernatural crime thriller, but it managed to work by having a demon possessing different people to create a string of murders.  The film is at its finest when the demon hops between several people, revealing its host by singing "Time Is on My Side" by the Rolling Stones.  There is a decent mystery behind the copycat killer (who of course is the demon in different bodies), but the jumping between bodies becomes pretty tiresome after a while.  While you'll know that something is up at the end, the huge twist will still shock you when it happens.  I can't say that I hated this movie because it had some cool concepts and unexpected turns, but I found myself confused for a lot of it and think that the execution could have been better.  It's worth watching but shouldn't be bumped up to the top of your list any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment