Friday, May 11, 2012

Penelope (2006) - 1 star out of 10

Penelope (2006) - 1 star out of 10

I don't know if anything entertaining occurred during this movie because I just couldn't get over the fact that she had a pig nose.  This movie was simply ridiculous (in a bad way).  I don't understand how they got Reese Witherspoon and Catherine O'Hara to sign on for this movie... they must have owed the writer a favor or something.  I'm glad that this movie boosted McAvoy's career, though this seems so far below him after seeing him  act in movies like "Atonement" and "Becoming Jane."  Amidst the dorky things in the movies were the You Are My Sunshine montage, cheesy mother/daughter dialogue, and the ENTIRE PLOT.  And why did the antagonist have to be a midget?  What did that add to the movie?  In fact, the ONLY part that I enjoyed was the brief dialogue about how the one girl that was born wasn't from the husband.  And that was in the first 3 minutes!  I feel that there need to be more family-friendly movies out there, but "Penelope" was absolute garbage and held no cinematic value.

No comments:

Post a Comment