Monday, September 3, 2012

Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia - 2 stars out of 10

Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia - 2 stars out of 10

I know that this film was designed to be seen in 3-D IMAX so I cannot give an accurate representation of the theater effect, considering that I watched this in my living room on a 32-inch screen.  In the end, 40 minutes just is not enough time to take an audience through the evolution of dinosaurs to their extinction.  The largest impression left on me was when the comets started hitting and it finally hit me that the movie only had three minutes left.  The dinosaurs are fake enough that children won't be scared but computer animated well enough that we get an accurate picture of Prehistoric life.  There was a definitive moment of "Finally!" when some of the dinosaurs began to fight but overall, "Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia" is just a textbook telling of the lifetime of a few dino species.

No comments:

Post a Comment