Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Last of the Mohicans (1992) - 5 stars out of 10

The Last of the Mohicans (1992) - 5 stars out of 10

I know that "The Last of the Mohicans" is a treasured film to critics and audiences everywhere, but I didn't love it.  The film has an amazing historical setting amidst the French and Indian War but I had trouble getting into the characters.  I actually don't fault the film, I think that it is just personal preference.  I was led to have very high expectations and I just didn't think that the film was a very big deal.  The script failed as far as creating empathy for the characters and, despite decent acting, I did not care about the fate of the characters until the final 10 minutes.  The film does provide some cool tomahawk action that we don't often see on the screen and all of the fighting is really impressive.  It just loses its impact when the characters involved are dispensible.  Even though I wasn't crazy about the film, it was worth it for its climactic ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment