Thursday, October 11, 2012

8 Mile - 4 stars out of 10

8 Mile - 4 stars out of 10

It is hard to believe that this actually happens in real life - "8 Mile" gave me an appreciation for the skills needed to be a freestyle rapper.  Eminem's semi-autobiography will help you to understand why he acts the way that he does today by showing you his rough upbringing.  Amidst all of the fighting and swearing in this film, I see his innocent little sister and my heart goes out to some of my students who I know have a bad home life.  If nothing else, this movie will make you pity children who have to grow up in a less-than-blue-collar environment.  F-words and S-words were in excess and though it is realistic, it was so much that it made the movie unpleasant to watch.  I expected Brittany Murphy to have a larger role in this movie than having sex with 2 guys and then disappearing.  It really is pretty sweet how his rap at the end pulls together everything that we have learned about Eminem throughout the movie.  Honestly, my favorite part of this movie was the closing credits - the song "Lose Yourself" is more enjoyable than anything that I saw in this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment