Saturday, October 13, 2012

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist - 7 stars out of 10

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist - 7 stars out of 10

This movie was far from what I expected!  Going into this one, I expected a pre-teen cutesy movie (along the lines of "Sleepover").  What I found was an edgier late teen drama that challenges the ideas of alcohol, peer pressure, manipulation, and sex.  The thing that left the deepest impression on me was the film's negative display of drinking.  While most movies of this genre would make it glamorous, "Nick & Norah's"shows that it can lead to a lonely and embarrassing display of stupidity.  I also like that the main character begins to favor the less attractive girl with a deep personality (and a lot in common with him) over the hotter but completely superficial girl that he used to idolize.  In fact, my biggest criticism of this movie is the title - it turned me off from seeing this movie in the first place and even from researching what the movie was about.  I should've known better and that Michael Cera would be great, and they should've known better and titled the movie "Where's Fluffy?"

No comments:

Post a Comment