Friday, August 23, 2013

Obsessed (2009) - 6 stars out of 10

Obsessed (2009) - 6 stars out of 10

Obviously inspired by "Fatal Attraction," this new twist on the "creepy stalker at work" story certainly delivered.  Props to the director for casting Ali Larter as Lisa - If I had to choose a smoking hott temptress to drive the plot of this film, I'd definitely go for the looks and acting ability of Larter.  Idris Elba's acting was also very believable and you'll feel terrible for him as his world is turned upside down, at no fault of his own.  Even though there are moments where you'll be saying "Don't do that, she'll become OBSESSED," I still feel like every action between the two is reasonable and realistic in an office situation leading to Larter's obsession.  Though I was skeptical toward this movie and thought it'd be cheesy after the previews, I'm glad that I experienced this one.  Let's be realistic, it still has its eye rolling moments but it was definitely better than I expected and is surprisingly entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment