Monday, June 30, 2014

Nick of Time - 5 stars out of 10

Nick of Time - 5 stars out of 10

“Nick of Time” is your average thriller with a few surprises but a mostly predictable plot.  I always enjoy seeing a film shot in real time and I think that it fits well with the plot, forcing us to think about what we would do if suddenly thrust into that situation with only an hour to figure it out.  None of the acting is bad, but nobody particularly sticks out.  I suppose that I would be applauding Christopher Walken if he was anybody else, but he’s such a great funnyman that it’s strange to see him in this bad guy role.  The characters were well-written, particularly Huey (the shoe shiner) and Ms. Jones.  It seemed like Huey was going to be an unimportant character that broke up the action for a minute, but the writers did a nice job of making him into an unexpectedly important part of the plot.  Ms. Jones was great, seeming to be an okay person until the end - very effective.  While I wouldn’t put “Nick of Time” up there with my favorite thrillers, it sports an interesting plot and is worth seeing once.

No comments:

Post a Comment