Monday, June 27, 2011

Bride Wars - 4 stars out of 10

Bride Wars - 4 stars out of 10

"Bride Wars" is a cute comedy with a few laughs but not much substance.  I do enjoy watching both Hathaway and Hudson and feel that both have talent and played their comedic roles well.  I felt that Kristen Johnston stole the spotlight a bit (just as her character claims is always the case) and found myself anticipating her presence in each scene.  I also loved Candice Bergen's voiceovers and felt that it tied the story together well.  That being said... I could not understand the casting of the male characters in this film - most of them were just AWFUL!  The combination of those male actors and the weak story made parts seem very amateurish.  It's good for a few laughs if you have it on in the background but I'm glad that I didn't pay to see it in the theater.

No comments:

Post a Comment