Sunday, October 23, 2011

10 Things I Hate About You - 7 stars out of 10

10 Things I Hate About You - 7 stars out of 10

I was told that I would love this movie and I hated it.  After a second viewing, I take it all back because of these three things: The punch, the poem, and the guitar.  Heath Ledger is great in his "bad boy" capacity but even greater is his chemistry with Julia Styles.  These two were excellent as their loathing turns to love, while the film served as Joseph Gordon-Levitt's transition from Angels in the Outfield to "real cinema."  Larisa Oleynik was adorable and I'm sad that her "Alex Mack" days and feature in this film weren't enough to boost her popularity.  Clever writing and a smart adaptation of The Taming of the Shrew make this film a classic in the teen movie genre, plus a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment