Saturday, October 29, 2011

Annie (1981) - 9 stars out of 10

Annie (1981) - 9 stars out of 10

Shame on me for labeling this is as a "child's movie" and never giving it a chance until I was 24.  With a cast including Carol Burnett, Tim Curry, Bernadette Peters, and Albert Finney, how could you go wrong?  Aileen Quinn was absolutely adorable, as well as the other orphans.  Ann Reinking was charming and I'm sad that she did not do more screen acting in her career.  The dancing was great, the singing was great, the acting was great, and most importantly: IT'S FAMILY FRIENDLY BUT STILL VERY ENTERTAINING!!!  Tears are inevitable as this seemingly predictable film will surprise you several times before its heartwarming conclusion.  Even though you may not recognize all of the songs, when you hear "Tomorrow" and "Maybe," you'll feel like you are home.  I'll watch this one over and over again and I recommend that you do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment