Friday, October 19, 2012

The Ring - 10 stars out of 10

The Ring - 10 stars out of 10
 
"The Ring" is one of my Top 10 scary movies of all time.  This movie has such an original plot and combines creepy and scary into a wonderfully horrific sequence of images that you will be seeing every time that the lights go out.  When first seeing this, I truly felt terror running through my veins.  This movie creeps me out every time that I watch it and, although it isn't the jumpiest or most disgusting movie in the world, it has that "terror factor."  Gore Verbinski directs the perfect timing to tug at your every nerve.  The cast is great, particularly from the raw acting skill of the gorgeous Naomi Watts to the intensity of Daveigh Chase's eyes (hard to believe that she is also the voice of Lilo)!  David Dorfman brings realism to the character of Aidan (I am getting chills just thinking of him drawing those pictures) and I love Brian Cox in any film.  After watching the original "Ringu," it gave me a greater appreciation for the American remake.  Though the quick cut scenes made me jump, I feel that the American version is much more intense through Hans Zimmer's genius soundtrack.  The American version is more emotionally engaging as Aidan is much more involved.  Though the Japanese version better describes how the people are killed, the overall plot of the American version is more in depth and in the end, I just felt like more happened through the course of the American version.  The music alone is enough to give you nightmares - add in the horrific images and you're in for a real treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment