Saturday, February 2, 2013

Trouble with the Curve - 7 stars out of 10

Trouble with the Curve - 7 stars out of 10

Clint Eastwood delivers another high-caliber performance in this unique father/daughter drama.  I don't know how many more movies Eastwood has in him but I hope that the number is large.  His chemistry with Amy Adams is there from the start as her large dreaming personality contrasts with his gruff exterior.  The biggest surprise of the film (though I don't know why I'm still surprised every time) is Justin Timberlake.  Any time that I see his name attached to a movie I think "gimmick," but he is legitimately an awesome actor and brings so much to this film.  I don't know if there is enough baseball action in the film for my taste but the baseball statistic challenges between Adams and Timberlake are awesome.  My largest complaint about the film is the story.  The concept has so much potential but I feel like something was missing.  "Trouble with the Curve" is not in my top 15 baseball movies of all time but I would see it again for the chemistry between its three lead characters and the incredibly satisfying final scene in the stadium.

No comments:

Post a Comment