Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Town - 9 stars out of 10

The Town - 9 stars out of 10

"The Town" is more than just another action film. It is an incredible blend of action and drama, creating a poignant moment in a cultural Boston setting. I typically make a point to avoid any movie with Ben Affleck but I'm glad that I made an exception. Affleck has a strong performance, perhaps his best character ever, and he did a great job directing. Renner was very good but I'm not sure if his performance was Oscar-worthy. In my opinion, the stand-out performance was Blake Lively. She was perfect as the trashy but tempting single mom, with her voice trembling and eyes filled with emotion. The acting was very strong all around, even though I felt awkward a few times, being reminded of Armageddon because Rebecca Hall looks a little like Liv Tyler. I expected more of this film to contain bank robbery sequences but was glad that the film went in the direction that it did.
P.S. Fenway Park... genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment