Monday, April 18, 2011

Anaconda - 3 stars out of 10

Anaconda - 3 stars out of 10

Anaconda is everything that I had anticipated it would be as I've waited to see it for the past 13 years.  Unfortuantely.  I am confused at how they got such a talented cast to sign up for such a bad script.  I will tip my hat to the special effects artists - the combination of CGI and live action is very impressive for a 1997 film and I truly enjoyed any scene with the snake.  Unfortunately, there weren't enough of those scenes.  The first half hour drags on as you want nothing more than to just see the anaconda.  I enjoyed the performance of Hyde and found Wuhrer to be beautiful and compelling (somehow managing to make J-Lo look "average"), but I wasn't buying Jon Voit's accent - he just sounded like Christopher Walken the entire time.  I can think of several hundred films that I'd rather watch again instead of Anaconda, but it's worth fast-forwarding through the "story" to get to the snake parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment