Monday, April 18, 2011

Drop Dead Fred - 7 stars out of 10

Drop Dead Fred - 7 stars out of 10

"Drop Dead Fred" explores the fascinating concept of what happens when your imaginary friend simply will not disappear. Filled with slapstick gags and dirty jokes, DDF delivers a lot of laughs but unfortunately, it had the same effect on me as The Hangover - I spent more time feelig sorry for the characters than enjoying the antics. The cuteness of Phoebe Cates is very reminiscent of Jennifer Gardner. I would watch this film again just for her. Rik Mayall was the perfect distance "over the top" in his role, so ridiculous that he MUST be imaginary! The entire cast does a great job of performing as if Fred is invisible to them. This movie is a classic and when you watch it, I hope that you don't feel bad for the characters as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment