Monday, April 18, 2011

Lucas - 4 stars out of 10

Lucas - 4 stars out of 10

"Lucas" is pretty standard when it comes to teenage 80's movies.  Although I rolled my eyes through the first 15 minutes of the film, I have to admit that the story improved after that.  Who knew that Kerri Green was in a movie other than The Goonies!!!   She was cute, although Winona Ryder was cuter.  It managed to avoid predictability in the end; unfortunately, it would have been better if it was predictable.  Particularly with the potential that was underdeveloped with Ryder.  I feel like this movie really missed its mark, especially because it becomes difficult to root for Lucas when Charlie Sheen's character is such a nice guy.  I guess the problem is that this movie favors a realistic result instead of the cheesy expectation that we expect in an 80's comedy.  My favorite part of the whole movie is probably the choir scene where they are all looking at each other, but it wouldn't be worth watching again just for this 2-minute sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment