Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Unforgiven - 6 stars out of 10

Unforgiven - 6 stars out of 10

"Unforgiven" was good but I approached it with a lot of skepticism, knowing that it beat "A Few Good Men" for the best picture Academy Award.  Unfortunately, its inability to match the entertainment value and storytelling of A Few Good Men left me disappointed.  The acting in this film is high quality (how can you go wrong with Eastwood, Freeman, and Hackman in one film) but I found the story to be slow and uneventful.  I love Gene Hackman and he is one of my favorite villains, but this definitely was not his best role and I don't understand how he beat Jack Nicholson for the best supporting actor Oscar.  Eastwood is one of my favorite directors but this can't compare to Mystic River and Million Dollar Baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment