Monday, November 7, 2011

V for Vendetta - 8 stars out of 10

V for Vendetta - 8 stars out of 10

"Remember, remember the 5th of November..." The first time that I saw "V", I was expecting a superhero movie and was left incredibly disappointed.  After 5 years, I decided to give this movie another chance - this time anticipating a futuristic political drama - and wish that I could take back every negative comment that I have made.  This movie goes far beyond blood and fighting with strong political themes and a dark look at the future.  Natalie Portman delivers pure emotion in (what I believe to be) her greatest performance outside of Black Swan.  The anguished looks that appear on her face throughout the movie will just break your heart.  My favorite aspect of this movie is the amount of emotion that Hugo Weaving masterfully brings to his character from behind his mask.  His voice is so expressive that we never need to see his face to feel his intensity and emotion.  Although there are fewer action sequences than you might expect, each one is thrilling and worth waiting for.  See this movie, just know what you're getting into first.

No comments:

Post a Comment