Friday, November 11, 2011

VeggieTales: It's a Meaningful Life - 3 stars out of 10

VeggieTales: It's a Meaningful Life - 3 stars out of 10

While a movie about vegetables is limited in its potential to become a cinematic masterpiece, "It's a Meaningful Life" provides a good message while entertaining fans of "It's a Wonderful Life" with its many parallels to the original and clever ways of getting around content that children would not understand (like a toy train factory instead of a building and loan).  I typically don't view VeggieTales as I typically view movies (intently analyzing the character development and acting) since these are just fun videos to watch with my nieces and nephews; however, when I noticed this particular one and it's parallel to the traditional Christmas film, I decided that I should watch it.  It's 3-star rating is not a reflection of its entertainment value, but for the simple reason that I cannot rate computer-animated vegetables on the same level as a film starring Morgan Freeman or Meryl Streep.  Besides, they didn't have any Silly Songs with Larry.

No comments:

Post a Comment