Saturday, December 3, 2011

I Wake Up Screaming - 8 stars out of 10

I Wake Up Screaming - 8 stars out of 10

“I Wake Up Screaming” is simply amazing.  This is definitely in my Top 5 for Film Noir both for its unpredictable story and breathtaking acting.  I am dumbfounded by this film’s failure at the box-office.  It is perfectly cast as the trio of leads offer wonderful chemistry.  I think that I may have fallen in love with Betty Grable a bit while watching this film.  Her spunky attitude and big eyes will capture your heart and have you in a trance from start to finish.  She is paired with Victor Mature (who has a perfect face for film noir) and Carole Landis (whose performance convinces me that her suicide was a tragic loss to the acting community).  The story is enchanting as the guilt shifts from person to person, until the least-expecting ending comes to light.  The film uses expert cinematography, particularly with the use of shadows throughout the film.  I don’t care that the critics did not care for this film - it is one of the best of it’s genre and should not be overlooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment