Thursday, December 1, 2011

Little Nicky - 4 stars out of 10

Little Nicky - 4 stars out of 10

I enjoyed this movie a lot more than I expected (though I had very low expectations).  Although I thought that I'd dislike Adam Sandler's character, after about 20 minutes he became pretty loveable - this is the only reason that I was able to enjoy this film.  I didn't care much for the demononic themes in this movie and felt that the plot was pretty weak; however, an unprecedented number of cameos used in clever and entertaining ways held my attention.  The humor in Sandler's movies is usually fairly intelligent but this movie is all slapstick.  I would watch parts of this movie if it was on tv for those entertaining moments, but I don't feel a need to watch this movie in its entirety again.  Definitely not Sandler at his best.

No comments:

Post a Comment