Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Running Man - 5 stars out of 10

The Running Man - 5 stars out of 10

The Running Man is very nostalgic if you love dated 80's movies.  It is not as twisted as I expect a Stephen King story to be but is full of classic Schwarzenegger action, including my favorite Schwarzenegger line of all time: "But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!"  Stories involving government censorship of the media always create a unique sociological perspective but this film simply cannot compare to Fahrenheit 451 or Equilibrium.  Maria Conchita Alongso is pretty annoying, which doesn't help this movie's cause.  In the end, justice is served but the journey to that justice proves to be that of a typical action film.  I would much rather watch American Gladiators on ESPN Classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment