Monday, June 13, 2011

The Count of Monte Cristo - 10 stars out of 10

The Count of Monte Cristo - 10 stars out of 10

Wonderful old-fashioned story, amazing acting, awesome climactic ending - "The Count of Monte Cristo" is a dark, non-stop thrill ride of passion and vengeance. I have never seen Guy Pearce in a purely evil role like this, but he really engaged my emotions and made me despise his character. Despite excellent performances by Richard Harris and the stunning Dagmara Dominczyk, Jim Caviezel easily steals the spotlight in his epic journey. His emotions come to life in prison, perfectly setting up the second half of the film. Although I like Luis Guzman, I couldn't help but feel that he was out of place in this role, but everything else was so great that I didn't mind too much. I highly recommend this clean action film with great fighting, a classic storyline, a beautiful musical score, and of course the dynamic acting of a delightful cast.

No comments:

Post a Comment